You can call it second male lead syndrome or a love for bad boys with the hope they can be fixed, but O-M-G these two can make you forget all about their evil murderous ways. First up we have Jung Gyu-Woon as Lee Kang-Joon the husband/ex-husband of the beautiful Sara (formerly Sa Geum-Ran) who not only cheated on the poor woman, but ran her car off the road in an attempt to kill her so he create a new life with his mistress. Tsk. Tsk. Just look at that face. I can’t say that I blame Sara one bit. At first I would have fell for him too, especially when he proceeds to date his ex-wife who had plastic surgery and is now unrecognizable. He falls for the woman who is comfortably familiar, but still new and exciting. I don’t want to spoil anything, but I don’t see that happily-ever-after thing working out for our Lee Kang-Joon.
image credit: http://www.koreandrama.org/
- Easy on the eyes I repeat EZ on the eyes.
- Head of company because no drama is complete without the financially stable villain.
- Charming (well as charming as Prince Charming a la’ Shrek).
- Attempted murder (I would say that’s a deal breaker, yes?)
Next on our list may be my new bias. Be still my heart. Han Sang-Jin as Han Min-Hyeok the evil half brother of our main character Han Tae Hee and the illegitimate heir to Winner Group. These two men work together while Han Min-Hyeok is definitely the alpha male who calls the shots. Birth of a Beauty toys with our emotions by making us believe that he is just another wealthy lonely man looking for someone to love. He becomes smitten with Sara (like all the other men on the show) and tries to win her affection. His family has a tragic back story & you want to cheer him on, but once he discovers the truth he choses to embrace the evil that has always surrounded him. While he is a calculated businessman I must give props for his brilliant mind. Our Han Min-Hyeok is cold alright – cold as ice.
Image credit: http://www.hancinema.net
- The man knows how to rock a suit.
- Power – he has it & he knows it.
- Wealthy (because every villain needs funds hun)
- Gorgeous! Whew!
- Cold & calculated.
- He “chooses” to be evil.
- Attempts to kill his brother. (No!!!)
- Power – quite the double edged sword for this category.
Who’s your favorite bad guy in dramaland?